SedCages are designed and built to handle all that Mother Nature can dish out. We can honestly say that we are not aware of a single SedCage that has ever failed due to water, wind, or sun. All SedCages have a large, unrestricted overflow, which in nearly all cases exceeds the flow capacity of the grate. Patents D620,999, D757,213. Other patents pending.
“Above-the-Grate” inlet protection
• Fully assembled. • Can be installed in minutes with one man. • No trenching or backfilling. • 50 SedCages to a stack. • Re-usable. • Does not restrict opening in a flood. • Heavy monofilament geotextile fabric resists tearing. • Welded rod frame stands up to jobsite abuse. • Compatible with square, rectangular, round, behive, V-grates, etc.
• They are so much better than the “orange” product that floods until you poke holes in it. – F.A. Columbus, Ohio • We have some SedCages that have been used on 3-4 jobs over a 3 year period. – DL, Dayton, OH • Saves us money, especially the ones with larger concrete aprons around the inlet. – TG, Cleveland, OH • It is automatic. When we install a basin, we pop on a SedCage. They never need repairs, we never had to flush a pipe. • You can grade right up to them. Even with the SedCage installed you can still see the concrete apron so you can get your grades right. Saves us time and callbacks. You can even nudge them and they don’t break.
There are two types of SedCage models
The Tuck Model works by tucking the tail or skirt of the SedCage is under the grate. The Tuck is compatible with all inlets in which all edges of the grate are supported by the frame, which includes 90% of all grates. The tail is pinched between the frame and grate for a sediment tight seal. It is the lesser expensive model, and the easiest to install.
The Sandbag Model is used on inlets where the grate is not supported on all edges, or if the grate is so heavy it is impractical to lift.
• Fits square grates from 3"x3" through 13"x13". • Fits round grates from 4" through 16" in diameter. • Fits rectangular grates with a diagonal between 8" and 18" (a2 + b2 = c2).
• Fits square grates from 12"x12" through 22"x22". • Fits round grates from 12" through 24" in diameter. • Fits rectangular grates with a diagonal between 17" and 31" (a2 + b2 = c2).
• Fits Square Grates from 23"x23" thru 28"x28" • Round Grates from 25" thru 34" in diameter • Rectangular Grate with a diagonal measurement between 32" and 40" (a2 + b2 = c2)
• Fits square grates from 24"x24" through 36"x36". • Fits round grates from 24" through 40" in diameter. • Fits rectangular grates with a diagonal between 32" and 53" (a2 + b2 = c2).
• Fits square grates from 27"x27" through 42"x42". • Fits round grates from 28" through 48" in diameter. • Fits rectangular grates with a diagonal between 44" and 61" (a2 + b2 = c2).
76"x40" SedCage, Cambered Bottom
• Fits v-grates from 48-70 x 34-42 including the Ohio DOT 64x39 v-grate.
Why use a SedCatch® SedCage™…
• Can be installed in minutes with one man. • Heavy welded framework withstands abuse. • Does not restrict opening in a flood. • Can be installed at the time the basin is set. • No trenching or backfilling. • No landscaping repairs needed upon removal. • Re-usable. • No assembly required. • Foolproof installation, simply tuck fabric under grate. • Heavy monofilament geotextile fabric resists tearing. • Four standard sizes to fit most any grate. • Custom size Sediment Cages available.
Literature , Standard Drawings & Geotextile Properties
We have selected the geotextile with the properties that give the best results under most circumstances. If your site is unique and/or if the engineer or inspector has a preference for a different geotextile specification, we can manufacture the sediment basket with the requested fabric. We probably have the geotextile in stock and can accommodate your request with a two week lead time.